by Karl Nelson II, Intern Media
“I teach ordinary people how to create extraordinary lives!” – Dr. Gloria Mayfield Banks
Have you ever found yourself in the “ordinary” category during this journey they call life?
If so, that’s actually good news because Dr. Gloria Mayfield Banks has mastered the art of helping people transform their lives from “ordinary to extraordinary,” and she started with herself.
Today, Gloria is an internationally renowned motivational success strategist and sales trainer with a Bachelor’s degree from Howard University, an MBA from Harvard University and an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
She has built a multimillion-dollar enterprise as an author, a founding partner of Charisma Factor, and as an Elite Executive National Sales Director with Mary Kay where she holds the No. 1 ranking in the nation out of 3.6 million women around the world.
Gloria recently published a book, Quantum Leaps, which highlights 10 specific steps to help you soar and take your life to extraordinary heights.
All of that being said though, those who know Gloria’s full story would likely tell you that her life is nothing short of a testimony, given the odds that fell in her lap early in life.
Banks was diagnosed with dyslexia at a young age and still faces challenges because of it today. That’s not all though. Earlier in her Mary Kay career, Banks became a victim of domestic violence abuse in a relationship that she was in at the time.
To some, these are obstacles that usually have a bad ending.
That wasn’t the case for Gloria though.
She didn’t allow her dyslexia or experience with domestic violence be the ending to her story. For her, those challenges were just the beginning of an amazing transformation.
Curious as to what that transformation looks like?
Here you go:
- Gloria has been best described as “Energy in Motion!” as a prolific businesswoman with high energy and an inspirational teaching style.
- Gloria has trained professionals in six continents, helping them achieve new levels of success.
- She’s set down with Oprah Winfrey to talk about women empowerment and girls in leadership.
- She’s shared her secrets of success with national media audiences, appearing on CNN with Soledad O’Brien, ABC-TV, and CNBC with Donny Deutsch on “The Big Idea.”
- Banks has been featured in “Fortune,” “Black Enterprise,” “Glamour,” and “Ebony” magazines.
- Harvard Business School documented Gloria’s success in a case study titled, “Gloria Hilliard Mayfield at Mary Kay Cosmetics.”
Banks is now happily married to Ken Banks and they share four adult children. During our interview, Banks described her relationship with her family as pure “joy.”
My talk with Gloria was more than just an interview, it was an experience and I now encourage you to enter into this life changing experience yourself and get ready to take your career and your life to a level where it’s never been before!
See the additional pages for this exclusive interview on the keys to success, the state of the black community, education, Quantum Leaps, reaching your full potential, Gloria’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, how she overcame the challenges of dyslexia and domestic violence, and more!